18 June 2009

My Husband Rocks


Thomas has been incredibly busy lately finishing up lessons, preparing a Russian sermon, planning and coordinating a 2-week Siberian trip, and all the other normal stuff of life. But today we're having a date. And you know where we're going? A Mexican restaurant! That's right. He knows how much I LOVE Mexican food, and he found a Mexican restaurant that's actually pretty close to our apartment. Ole! (don't know how to do that accent mark, any suggestions?)

But that's not even really why he's so wonderful. In the midst of all his planning and cramming and translating and on and on and on, he's taken several opportunities to check on me this week in very attentive and specific ways. Not that his attention is unusual, but this week it meant a lot more to me. Maybe I noticed it more, I don't know. But I do know that the beautiful bouquet of daisies on my kitchen table, some unexpected alone time carved into his schedule and the extra care that he's given to our son this week have stood out to me.

What can I say? I love him. A lot.

No comments: