21 December 2009

Happy Surprise

So I went to see my doctor today for the monthly check-up. I felt torn between wanting to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler and hoping that she couldn't find it with the Doppler so that I could see the baby by ultrasound. I mean, a good strong heartbeat on Doppler is a good thing, but seeing your baby and having that extra assurance that everything is all right is better!

And wouldn't you know it, the nurse could only find a faint heartbeat for the baby, so she decided to go ahead and take me to the ultrasound room where I saw Vavoo moving around just fine with a nice strong heartbeat, not super fast, which continues to make me believe we'll be having a boy.

It was a good day.

7 comments:

The Schwant Family said...

woo-hoo!!! how wonderful!
i'm guessing girl! charlie's hb was HIGH so don't trust that wives tale too much : )

Cheryl (Copper's Wife) said...

Happy news, indeed!

simplebeauty said...

What a wonderful treat getting to see your little one wiggle around in your belly :O) I'm so happy for you!

I'm also so thankful that all of your paperwork is coming together for you all! And I think that celebrating with a Starbucks coffee is totally the way to go!!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!

Kelly said...

So exciting!! Glad you got to see the ultrasound. We continue to pray for you!!!

guitta chaiban hogue said...

hurray! david had a high heartbeat too...so you never know...love you!

Shannon said...

Yeah! Great news. Glad baby is doing great. How many weeks are you along now? I was convinced I was having a girl for lots of reasons...and it was a sweet little boy instead. Are you going to find out or be surprised?

CristyLynn said...

Thanks, friends! For some reason I haven't been getting notifications about comments, so sorry if it seems like I"m ignoring you.
Shannon--I'm 15 weeks, and we are definitely finding out! I have an appointment on Monday, but it might still be too early. We'll see! :)