19 December 2009

Big News

For those of you who don't know, we've been in the process of applying for work visas to return to Russia. I would explain that process, but it would take way too long and probably not make a whole lot of sense anyway. So, I'll cut to the chase and say that it was a long process, a stressful process, but in the end a successful process.

While we expected our passports to be returned to us on Friday, complete with visas, the Lord saw fit to have us wait another 24 hours or so, and still see an empty mailbox this morning. Thomas suggested that I call the post office to check the status of the package. Praise the Lord, I was told, "it just came in a few minutes ago." Thomas rushed out of the house and made it to the post office in record speed, I am sure, to find it closed. Slight panic set in before we realized that a worker would indeed let you come in to pick things up. Whew!

Thomas brought home Starbucks to celebrate (decaf stuff for me, of course).

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement during this time of growing in patience for us!

1 comment:

Cheryl (Copper's Wife) said...

Praising God with you for the visas. Starbucks is my kind of celebrating, too!