04 August 2009

We Made It!

Well, after 28 hours of traveling, we safely arrived in Charlotte, NC and were speedily (but lawfully, I'm sure) driven by my wonderful mama to my hometown about 2 hours north. And now we're sitting in my parents living room trying to stay awake and put 2 coherent thoughts together. With that in mind, please be kind in your reading of this post. I'm not sure that I want to be held accountable at a later date for what may be written at this time. :)

Thank you so much for praying for us! Our trip went quite smoothly. Isaiah only cried once when he was fighting sleep that he desperately needed, and the kids sitting behind us fell asleep and stopped kicking our seats. Thomas had wisely booked us a hotel room not far from JFK, so we were able to get a few hours sleep, well, a 3-hour nap really, before finishing the last leg of our journey.

We have been loved on and treated to real NC bar-b-que and watched Isaiah drive his new toy, which we have dubbed the iCar, a present from his great grandma--pictures and video to come soon! He's too adorable!

And I'm sure that you are all waiting with immense anticipation to know about the ice cream contest that I've been begging you to participate in by voting for us....well, it seems that we are doing well! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy lives to help us try to get some ice cream for Isaiah. However, the voting actually continues until August 13 at 12:00pm. The first stage was what ended yesterday, and for some reason that date just stuck in my head! So, if you've been wanting to vote and haven't done so yet, now is the time! Or if you want to be like my husband and post about the contest on your blog with a picture of Isaiah, you still have time. Or if you want to be like my parents and send emails to all the people you know with a link to my post explaining how to vote, you can do that too! I love my family!

Have you hugged your parents lately? I got to today! Thank you again for your prayers for our travels. We are looking forward to seeing more friends soon!

6 comments:

e said...

yay!!! welcome home!!

i'm going to work on getting some more votes for you!

cherie said...

hello, cristylynn (hope i got that right! - we live in nc, too, right here in durham. welcome home! i'll vote...you've gotta get that ice cream!! enjoy your summer!

Kelly said...

There is no place like home!! Glad you made it safely. I hope to catch up with you while you're here.

java girl said...

I am so thankful that you and your family is safe in the states! I hope you feel rested very soon and can enjoy your little break! God bless you :O)

schupack said...

I hugged my parents today too! For the first time in eight months. It was great.

I got your letter a little while ago. Thanks so much for writing! it was great to hear from you. I hope your time in the US is great :)

Sally

danette said...

Welcome home, glad you had a safe trip :)