27 February 2009

A Little Out of Touch

Last week we were in Krasnoyarsk, Siberia, Russia (hence the lack of my normally crazy amount of posting).  It was cold.  We had a great time though.  We were attending the Russian field conference for our mission agency InterAct Ministries.  Basically we got together with the other InterActers here in Russia and talked about what we are doing, what we want to do, and how we can do things better for the Kingdom of God.

Amazingly, I didn't get very many pictures during the actual conference.  For instance Isaiah got to play with 3 other little boys all weekend, and I didn't capture a single moment!  Completely out of character for me and a little sad.

But here are some pictures that we did get:

Before almost everyone else left for an all-night train ride, we trekked up (in vehicles) to a really high point in the city of Krasnoyarsk.  A church on that point is actually featured on the 10 ruble bill, so didn't bother taking a picture of the church, though that would have been a nice idea.

Instead we got pictures of people:




Here's the whole gang.  See the other little people all bundled up?  It was really cold enough for them to be almost suffocated, we weren't just trying to avoid advice-giving, overprotective babushkas!  The family groups from left to right are Allen and Michelle Ketel (with Kaleb and Ethan), Lucas and Jamie Orner (with Samuel), Scott Gilbert, Dave and Kaye Henry, Sue Hague, Vanessa Greer, Jim Capaldo, and us (with Isaiah, of course).  [Go check out the links that I included.  The others' might have sites, too, but I don't know them, sorry!  If you know anyone's site, please fill me in!]

And here's Isaiah and me with Vanessa.  It was so cold I had to pull up my hood!  I'm really glad that I had that extra warm scarf from CA--who'd have thought a scarf from CA would end up in Siberia!


After we said some goodbyes on the top of that windy hill, Thomas, Isaiah and I headed to the hotel where we spent our last night.  Thankfully the evening was still young, so Isaiah and I could go play at this amazing ice park!


Yes, this is ALL ICE! (well, except for the people climbing around, of course)


I'm telling ya, those slides are FAST!


And this is the view from our hotel room.  Krasnoyarsk is a beautiful city with the river and hills.  It was a nice break from the hustle and bustle of St. Pete.  Most of all though we enjoyed the fellowship with our fellow laborers.



No comments: