02 April 2008

Sewing Projects I

So as I mentioned before, I got a sewing machine!  I was on the lookout for some patterns, but I still haven't found any here.  Thomas asked me to hem some sweat pants for him, so I began my first project.  Thankfully everything went well, and the pants are now the perfect length.  Whew!  With that encouragement under my belt, I really wanted to get into a serious sewing project, but I still didn't have a pattern.

Well,  I thought to myself, surely sewing a small garment for Isaiah can't be that hard, I mean I did  go to college and grad school (and graduate), surely I can figure this out!  I searched the internet for tips on making your own patterns (still hoping to find a print-at-home pattern for a boy's outfit).  I did find some good tips, and tons of girls' stuff that wouldn't work.  But even better I found an old romper that is now a makeshift pattern...we'll see how it turns out...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I made a bunch of cloth wipes from old receiving blankets.

Okay... do I need to call Thomas to come pick you up off the floor? It's shocking to find out that *I* am sewing! LOL

I'm trying to work up the courage to make a simple dress for J.

Of course, it'd help if I actually had a sewing machine!

Good luck on the romper! I will, of course, require that a certain handsome stud muffin in your house model them. You can choose which one. LOL

CristyLynn said...

I'm impressed, but not shocked, silly! Thomas didn't have to pick me up off the floor, just tell me to close my gaping mouth. :)

I'm sure that you will do a great job on the dress, especially if you get a sewing machine! How did you do the wipes from the blankets without the machine?

Let me know what you think of the stud muffin. :)

Love you!