09 January 2008

My Little Adventure

A little over six months. That's how long it had been since my last hair cut, which was in the States. With our big trip to Germany coming up, I wanted to have a slightly nicer look for my hair. Lately its just been pulled back with a pony-tail holder at random times during the day.
Why did you wait so long?, you might ask. Good question. Since most of you, my dear friends, have never been to Russia it might be hard for you to imagine the condition of the hair of most of the population of St. Petersburg. Let's just say the mullet is still alive and well and living here, even with women. So, with my language skills not fully developed and seeing the rather strange hair styles around me, I felt a little nervous about going to a Russian salon to get a little trim.
Finally the need outweighed the fear. There's a little salon about a minute's walk from our apartment that I pass nearly every day. I bundled up in my nice warm coat and made the trek to the salon. I thought that I was going to try to simply make an appointment, but the next thing I knew, I was getting the finishing touches on a new do. I think that the hairdresser was a bit of a perfectionist. She washed, cut, cut some more, cut even more, blow dryed, cut some more...I was in the process of trying to figure out how to tell her that I thought my hair was definitely short enough now, when she finally was satisfied with her work. I was getting a little concerned.
I came home to better examine her handiwork. I look more Russian now, but thankfully I don't have a mullet. No, seriously, she did a good job. It's a little shorter than I would have chosen, but I have a good haircut, and I got to practice my Russian. All in all, it was a good experience.

Before, even before Christmas actually, so add some growth to the hair

After


SIX





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your haircut it really looks good. Ginger would even approve! Love Mom SIX

Anonymous said...

The new "do" looks wonderful Cristy! whoohoo !

Unknown said...

You are no where NEAR a mullet! I'm so glad you escaped with your follicular friends completely mullet free! You look adorable, as usual. :)