05 April 2009

Tot School--A Week

Tot School
Isaiah is 38 months old

In case you're confused by I, then S and now A, be assured that we are not confused about the order of the letters in the alphabet, we're just going through the letters in Isaiah's name first, then we'll go back and fill in around them.

So, for the first A in Isaiah's name, we had a bit of a different week.

A is for Adventure! Our friends invited us to join them on an overnight adventure to Novgorod! I'll do another post about all that took place there, but to follow our theme, I'll just say that while on an adventure, A is for...

Anticipation
While we waited for our bus, Lydia and Isaiah laughed and played. Our excitement grew, knowing what fun we would have together!
Apple
Isaiah and I enjoyed sharing an apple on the bus to Novgorod, which happened to be perhaps the oldest bus that I've ever ridden on. I only wish that I had a picture to show you!

Amusment

Isaiah always enjoys being with Lydia. They can entertain each other for a long time, and it's quite amusing to anyone who happens to be present.
Aperture

Do we have a budding photographer in this cute little 2 year old? Lydia got to take some pictures while we waited for our supper.
Architecture, specifically Arches
Novgorod is full of amazing architecture here's just a sample of one of the arches that we saw. A small preview of the post for the trip. :)
Affection
Isaiah loves loving on us! I don't think I can describe how wonderful it feels to get hugs and kisses from our Little Man, especially when it's all his own idea!
Apples and Almonds
Isaiah has discovered that he loves nuts, and almonds seem to go well with apples for a great snack for him. No creativity in the snack department this week. After our trip, I had a lesson and then needed to get ready for a Bible study at our place. Isaiah helped me, of course, but I must confess that my creativity was, um, absent when it came to more fun activities for Tot School.

Check out what other little people are up to at 1+1+1=1.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very creative with all of the "A's" Looks like a fun week!!

RockerMom said...

I, too, love all the "A's" in your post. It looks like Isaiah had a great week and wonderful experiences. Thanks for sharing!!

Life is Good said...

What a great idea! I love all the a activites!

Unknown said...

Have I mentioned my oldest sons' name is Isaiah? What a wonderful week you've all had! :D

Four Little Penguins said...

How fun! I enjoyed all the As! Isaiah is so cute! :)

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

What a great idea with the letters of his name! ;)

CristyLynn said...

Thanks, ladies! I appreciate the encouragement. K, I wish I could claim the name letter idea as my own, but it was recommended to me by Shannon over at www.teachingtinytots.wordpress.com She has tons of great ideas! She's also a writer on Totally Tots, I believe.
Y'all have a great day!

Shannon said...

Cristy,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your "place". Funny how much we have in common...both overseas, both with degrees in MFT. I got my degree from a private school in Oklahoma. It's actually the only graduate program they have. What about you? How'd you end up in Russia? Feel free to email me at shannonbe@gmail.com

Goat Gal said...

Hello. I have stumbled upon your blog through 1+1+1=1. Great Tot School report! Blessings!