01 December 2008

Tot School

This week was crazy busy as we prepared for Thanksgiving.  Isaiah and I still did Tot School, though, as I'm realizing how I can incorporate more and more into every day activities!  Being so busy, I didn't get that many pictures, however.

Monday we did lots of shopping (my eyes were bigger than my hands and backpack and stroller!).  Isaiah was a great helper.  We named every item in English and Russian.  He did a great job repeating the names in both languages!  I handed him the unbreakable ones, and he put them in the basket for me.  

That evening we worked on the letter A and the color red.  He colored an "A" and an apple, well sort of.  He likes coloring his shirt more than the paper.

For snack he had dried fruit, some of which was red and green.  He did a great job picking out the red pieces when asked, and even the green!

Here he is picking out a red piece (I promise, it was red, just as he was asked!).

Since it was Thanksgiving week, we talked a lot about the Pilgrims.  I had printed out some free coloring sheets for him to work on, but again, he was way more into coloring his shirt than the paper. (The coloring pages came from here and here.) I have a picture of a red car that he really likes to wear as a hat, too.

I also made a color wheel for him to use.  He doesn't seem to understand the matching aspect of this, but he does a great job pointing to the different colors!

Check out what some other really creative moms are up to with their little people here!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Check out http://www.notimeforflashcards.com/

CristyLynn said...

Thanks, cuz! They have some great easy things on that site! Now, if only I can find construction paper, which I've been wanting to do for a while now. I'm going shopping tomorrow!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

sounds like a fun week!

CristyLynn said...

Thanks, it was fun! Your comment last week helped me not get too crazy and pushy this week, thanks again.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

aww thanks i'm glad i could help!

you can also do like a month like this:
week 1: letter
week 2: number
week 3: color/shape
week 4 review all!

it takes a lifetime to go thru the alpahbet but really most kids don't start getting the letter/word connnection till older 3's young 4's sometimes older then that. i did this too in my years of teaching! my LO seems to like this better then the 2 letters a month. she is 2 years and 8 months

CristyLynn said...

Another great idea! Thank you! I'll take every idea I can get and see what works best for my Little Man. I suppose we'll always be testing to see what works for us.
Please keep the ideas coming!