17 August 2008

In My Mind I Went to Carolina

And thankfully I went in my body, too!  Here are some of the fun things we did the first week we were in NC.

When I was little Daddy would take me to the park every Saturday and be "The Count" from Sesame Street counting the million pushes that he gave me.  Isaiah got to enjoy this tradition as well!

After the park we would go to a drug store in downtown Graham that is now closed, unfortunately.  We would get a cherry smash, so naturally we had to do the next best thing and go the Graham Soda Shop and get the closest thing we could to a cherry smash.

My friend Ginger has a little girl named Bella who will be a year old next month.  I finally got to meet her!  We enjoyed a nice lunch together with my mom and our kids.

Isaiah figured out how to use a rocking chair!

And of course he had the required ride on Grandpa's shoulders.

Here's Isaiah enjoying a snack before we headed to a ballgame (that gets its own post because the pictures were just too cute to limit).

And here he's quite pleased with himself for how well he was eating his grapes apparently.

Being back at Beacon that first Sunday was as grand as I had imagined it would be.  We enjoyed a couple more days before heading off to California for about a week--tons of fun stuff to tell you about from that trip after some more sorting of pictures.

1 comment:

RSchulte said...

I can't wait to hear more. But oh Christy....Isaiah is looking SO HANDSOME!!! (and growing up too...but I know you don't want to hear that :) )