22 August 2010

With Mama In July

I find myself once again typing with one hand, but for a much nicer reason than earlier this year!  Nadia's in her favorite spot at the moment, which leaves me only one free hand, but I don't mind.

So here's the rest of the fun with Mama...


Lots of lovin'!



We got to enjoy a few cafes



The expats in St P gathered for a 4th of July celebration.  Nadia got passed around a lot, but Isaiah always made sure he knew where she was!



Love this one!  Someone was kind enough to share his chips with Isaiah, and he's still holding on to one as he enjoys watching the kids run around.  Mama captured his pure joy!

It was neat to hear the pledge of allegiance!  I hadn't even thought about Isaiah not learning that yet, though it's a little long for him.


Ready, set, go!


Mama helped with "Tot School" (which I still haven't posted about, but we're having fun doing)


And we spent one day just doing souvenir shopping.  It was really hot, but we had fun.  I know this picture isn't well composed, but I like it.  It's Mom and the kids behind The Church of the Saviour on the Spilled Blood.


Believe it or not, this is the only picture of the 5 of us from the whole month!  We took a train ride out to Pushkin to see Katherine's Palace.  We enjoyed a nice picnic before walking around the grounds of the palace, which, sadly, was closed.  Just another reason for Mama to come back, right?

One of the 2 sweetest parts of the picnic (the other being Isaiah, of course!).


Our friend, Nathan who came over with Mama and traveled around Siberia a bit with Thomas.


Caught!  While Mom and Nathan looked around the palace a bit, Thomas, Isaiah and I had some ice cream.


So, of course, we had to get some for Mama and Nathan.  This bird was seriously eyeing Mama's ice cream!


And of course, Gran's a softy and Isaiah got seconds. :)


With Mama on the grounds of Katherine's Palace.


Two days later Mama and Nathan flew back to America.  There are not enough words to express how wonderful it was to have my mama with me.  Thank you so much for coming, Mama.  I love you!


No comments: