01 May 2010

Thoughts from Weeks 32 and 33

We've just been having too much fun enjoying life (and then recuperating) in order to take the time to blog about it.  I have a Tot School post from last week to put up on Learning Together, and it will get done eventually, but for now, I just wanted to jot down some of my random thoughts before I forget them.  And I do it here because typing is still easier on the wrist than writing it seems.  Weird.

~It really is getting to be spring here because we now have only one set of doors to get into the metro stations!  Hooray!  Pushing the wheelchair or stroller is never fun with 2 sets of doors, but with 2 sets and an expanding belly, it was getting even more annoying.  And this might not sound like a big deal to those of you who have not regularly taken public transportation, but believe me, it's worth going out and getting ice cream or something!

So we did...


~Single parenting is tough!  While Thomas was gone I tried to keep us busy and have extra fun things, and I was exhausted!  My prayers will be more frequent for my friends who are on that journey--May God grant you abundant grace and strength!

~I love having guests (more on that later, I'm sure).

~I got to make a new dish for Thomas' birthday this week--Хачапури (I think I spelled that right).  It's basically the worst thing that you could possibly eat in that it will clog your arteries when you look at it--nothing but bread and oil and cheese, but ooooooohhhhhh so good!

~I hate it when Isaiah is sick, but I love the extra snuggle time!

~I finished Nadia's quilt!  My first pieced quilt, well first quilt of any kind, actually; and I'm quite pleased with it, so I'll show it off later all on its own.

~Nadia has turned out of the breach position.  I actually know the moment she did it, too!  And boy, was she excited about it!  She kept me awake for about 2 hours in the middle of the night after her big move.

~5 1/2 weeks to go!  Stay put until then, Little Lady!

3 comments:

atkins7330 said...

I am so glad you enjoy having guest since you will have me for a month. I am down to 46 days that is by going by your clock. I remember when you turned, wow what a night.

e said...

YAY Nadia!!!! Proud of you for turning and for having a party with your mama. I can't wait to see your face!!

java girl said...

I'll bet that you were just as excited about Nadia flipping round as she was :O) That is such wonderful news...

Hope you are getting rested from all your adventures! Praying for you and your little girl. It is getting so much closer to holding her in your arms :O) How fun!