21 October 2008

More Sewing Projects

Once again sewing has been helpful for me--seeing something completed can be very therapeutic!

Here is our devan with the new cover that I made for the back, seat area and arm covers.  Pillows from IKEA, actually the cover is a sheet from IKEA, too.


Isaiah's curtains made from material from Russia and America.  You just can't see the American material because it's the lining, but it's wonderful because it makes his room nice and dark!

The curtain rods here are a little different.  Since I didn't want to take these rods off the wall, I decided to make loops and button holes in order to hang his curtains.  There are 10 beautiful blue buttons that it took me weeks to find.  Apparently buying buttons in bulk isn't often done here.  But at last I prevailed!

4 comments:

guitta chaiban hogue said...

great job!!! you should be proud of yourself. I'm still trying to figure out if i want to slipcover my couches (tired of khaki green). i'm afraid i won't do a good job. yours looks great!! nothing like being creative...

betweenbluerocks said...

this makes me want to do a sewing project . . . :)

good job!

CristyLynn said...

Thanks!

js said...

Love the curtains!