07 April 2013

Big Happenings Around Here - Part I

So I haven't been posting much, but really, how many times can I say:  Well, we're sick again.  I started this post sometime in February, I think.  And now, I think I'm just going to kind of summarize each month.  So here's January:

After barely making it to midnight with The Fellowship of the Ring, Thomas and I had high hopes for a wonderful New Year.  We had a great Christmas with the kids, and we planned a wonderful weekend with The Elisha Foundation at a respite retreat in Cannon Beach.

{On a side note:  The Elisha Foundation has recently had lots of attention as Eli Reimer - the boy who inspired the beginning of the Elisha Foundation - and his dad and a group of hikers trekked to Mt. Everest base camp.  Eli was the first person with Down's Syndrome to do that!  Check out the news!)

Then Nadia threw up.  Several times.  We weren't sure we'd make it to the retreat after all.  Thankfully, as stomach things usually go, it didn't last too long, and our trip was only delayed by a day.

We had a great time!



The retreat was wonderful!  We had a great time with the other families, and Thomas and I even had some time to ourselves.



The kids had a blast as well!  Isaiah was able to have pretty much one on one attention the entire weekend.



We got home just in time to start the next round of sickness.

Thankfully we had a small break in the sickness for Thomas to take me to see Les Miserables around my birthday.  There are no words to describe the emotions that ran through me.  Grace White, you understand.

We had a few good days before RSV came to visit, but that's for the next month...

No comments: